The local community of Bohinjska Bela also comprises Kupljenik, which is situated on the right side of the river Sava Bohinjka on the slopes of Jelovica over Baba.
The village has 16 house numbers, but not all houses have inhabitants. The population has dropped from around one hundred in the 1950s to about thirty nowadays. The village is also home to the succursal church of St. Stephen, which is probably much older than thought until now (16th century). The village used to have four farms, 11 cottagers, 9 of which were subject to the Castle of Bled, one to the provost's house on the island of Lake Bled and one to St. Stephen). The farms must have existed at least in 1380 (if not earlier) when the Ortenburgeau (Lipnica castle) tithe "Kaplenigo" is mentioned.
The church is located in the center of the village. Every year on St. Stephen's Day horse blessing takes place.